Taxes in Turkey | Tax Incentives
- Prioritized development zones about taxes in Turkey
- Technology development zones
- Organized industrial zones
- Free zones
- Research and development
- Private educational corporations
- Cultural investments and enterprises
- Loan allocation
- Turkish International Maritime Sector Incentives
Taxes in Turkey | Tax Exemptions and Allowances
VAT exemptions include but are not limited to the following transactions:
- Export of goods and services.
- Roaming services rendered in Turkey for customers outside Turkey (i.e. non-resident customers) in line with international roaming agreements, where a reciprocity condition is in place.
- Petroleum exploration activities exemption for taxes in Turkey.
- International transportation.
- Deliveries made to diplomatic representatives, consulates and international organizations with tax exemption status and to their employees.
- The supply of machinery and equipment, including importation, to persons or corporations that are VAT taxpayers and that have an investment certificate issued by the relevant authority.
- Services rendered at harbors and airports for vessels and aircraft in terms of taxes in Turkey.
- Social and other exemptions apply to deliveries made to the government and other related organizations for cultural, educational, health and similar purposes.
- Banking and insurance transactions are exempted from VAT as they are subject to a separate Banking and Insurance
- Transactions Tax at a rate of 5%.
- Tax exemptions are provided for earnings derived by corporations from their overseas branches and both their domestic and overseas ventures if they meet certain conditions.
- Research and development allowances.Deductions from the tax base of corporations related to certain donations, aid or sponsorship expenditures for sport activities.